Saturday, December 1, 2012

T3-M4 Progression: Day 1

Rock that body!
I've decided to start out by making a prototype T3-M4 out of cardboard and PVC pipe so that I can work out where motors will be mounted, whether I need some sort of skeleton, and all of the crazy things I'm sure I'd pull my hair out for if I were using styrene from the start. This seems to be working quite well thus far. After getting the plans online with the proper dimensions, I just started drawing them onto some boxes and hit it with the razor knife. Little bit of hot glue and suddenly he starts to take shape. Here are a few more shots I took on day 1. If you have any questions, please ask them below in the comments section, and be sure to subscribe!

Hot glue is a builder's best friend
Starting to take shape

First draft of a PVC skeleton
You see where I'm heading?

No comments: